Friday 14 February 2014

So guess what? Some spankos are shitheads!

All right. I may be hopelessly naive, but I always though that most of us involved in this thing we do were above average in the intelligence and pleasantness categories.

I've been floating around the spanking world for a good few years, and everyone that I've dealt with has been polite and helpful. That's certainly not been the case in several other spheres of life that I interact with.

At one stage when I did interviews I used to ask is this had been the experience of my interviewee, and generally it had been.

All of which leads me to the message boards at ITC Spanking.

I've lurked here for a couple of years, primarily because of the advert section for professional spankees and spankers. Now and then I'd have a glance at the messageboards, and, on a couple of occasions, I started threads to ask questions, and the responses I got were all pleasant and on point.

I have observed a ribbon of nastiness that runs through some posts, particularly from some specific members.

The other day one of these "gentlemen" started a thread to attack Danielle Hunt. He alleged that the photo with her recent advert was of someone else, as the model was too thin. Someone else agreed, alleging the use of photoshop, and a third made a comment about pictures being doctored in order to entice people into imaginary sex.

All of the posts were nasty in tone; there was nothing jovial about them, and, so far as I can see, they were basically unprovoked. I know that Dani did get involved in an argument about the degree to which spanking can be considered a sexual service, and, in the course of it, she made a major factual mistake, but she owned up to it when it was highlighted. None of this seems to be a reasonable basis for personal attacks.

I don't usually get drawn into this purile type of shit flinging, but the thread just pissed me off. I posted a brief note that I had recently met Dani, and found her better looking in person than her pictures anyway. Further I said that the other posters seemed too bitter; had they sessioned with her, propositioned her, and been turned down on the grounds that they were self obsessed assholes?

Yes, I sank to their level.

Mick and Jan, the moderators and board owners, quite rightly deleted the thread overnight; I don't know if any of the other posters responded to my crude attempt to offend or not. I don't really care.

The thing is, we often refer to ourselves as a community, and that suggests inclusion, We're all in this thing together; why would you go out of your way to attack someone for the Hell of it?

Unless you're a little shit with low self esteem, I suppose. Oops, there I go again.

So I guess I'm not much better. My motives may have been purer, wanting to defend a friend, but I could have just reported the thread, instead of adding to the hatefulness.

At the time it was satisfying, and I can't say I entirely regret it, but I'm not sure it's how I would handle the same situation again.

Ah well.

Not a very appropriate Valentine's Day sentiment is it?

On which note, a heppy February 14th to you all out there in spanking land; and may your palms and bottoms feel whatever sensations they require!

All the best

Tim

Pictures are of Dani (yes, they really are) and are taken by my friend Roy, from the Topcat Club in Cradley Heath.
.

1 comment:

  1. Why would you assume otherwise. We are drawn from the same general population as non spankos. X % are going to be a**soles. Having gone to a number of parties in NYC, most of the people ARE polite and respectful of their partners. However, like in real life, there are always a small number that don't take no, or get nasty when rejected. They usually don't get invited back, so it's not an issue. They can be quite vocal (call them the obnoxious minority) online.


    Rob

    ReplyDelete